Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowy Seattle

Snowy Seattle sounds better than Sleeting Seattle, or Rainy Seattle.

But it's all of those things. Rather, it snowed while I slept last night, but today was sleety rainy.


I walked 15 minutes from the hotel to work this morning, and....freeeeezingness (note the snow-covered Qwest field building...ah yes...Qwest). But kind of a brisk change from San Francisco. All I imagined was that I wished on the other end of my walk was a fireplace and a big glass of wine. Not simply a laptop, cellphone, and a gray view from the office window.


Debaucles yesterday with the flight. Wish I could write at the time how ridiculous flying and airports can be, and all the crazy characters you meet along the way. But then after the fact, I am tired of thinking about these people and the silly situations you find yourself in, so I can't expend much energy reviewing all the details of what happened. Just know it was silly, and my co-worker Bill said that if he went through what I did, he would have walked into the meeting and punched someone in the face. :)


Carrie (my boss) and I had a big step in our relationship last night, when I met her family for the first time. Her best friend, dad, step-mom, and of course her hubby and brother who I already know. Big, big step. I think it went well.


At the hotel, my points are finally taking effect....I'm getting the gold star treatment. On the highest floor, got some VIP pass (+1!) to an event there tonight, when a co-worker staying in the same hotel did not get one. Yesssss...I'm feeling special. I'm supposed to have dinner with some co-workers tonight , but in my heart I just want to go back to the hotel, order in, and put in the dvd I brought, watching a movie in my super comfy hotel bed.


OK, that's it for now.

No comments: