Tuesday, April 7, 2009

F.O.S.

I'm not sure why, but recently I have really been interested in French Onion Soup.

Before this new phase, The number of times I actually had F.O.S., I could probably count on one hand. It's weird how that happens.

I just had a bit from Whole Foods and I'm still enjoying my decision. It's become a default lunch for me. I pop in, fill up a cup with soup, grab a small thing of whatever bread they are pushing that day, a small serving of gruyere and an apple. I give the friendly/hip cashier 7 bucks and now I have lunch. It makes me sort of sad that I never participated in the F.O.S. thing prior. I mean, yes it smells a tad to the outside person (as in the person not eating the soup) but other than that, it's the perfect lunch.

Today, I brought it back and watched a bit of the movie Wall Street while I diced the cheese and dipped my bread. (I love that they talk about "new" technology and at one point, Charlie makes fun of this portable tv Michael Douglas shows him.)

As you might be able to tell, I'm dragging a bit today and feeling a little uninspired at work. I guess that's why this posting is about soup and not back flips or something exciting. 2:15. I have 2 hours and 45 minutes until it's time to go.

Why is this post about soup and not our amazing weekend with Micah and Marianna? Well, I don't believe I can do it justice at this moment. I'm too draggy slow. When I have more pep, that will come out. I believe I'll think about soup until then. Maybe it will make the time fly by.

Talk soon
Ian

No comments: