Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mexican Mush Night! Ole!

It was Mexican Mush night here at the Goode household. Mexican mush is a Hippo-inspired beach dish, which basically takes all the ingredients typically found in delicious tacos (ground beef or turkey, spanish rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, fresh guacamole, tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, hard tacos), and you mix everything up together in a plate. It's a veritable Mexican topping buffet.
Much easier to eat this delicious concotion with a fork than the old-fashioned taco way. Although it may not look as appetizing as it is (although not nearly as gross in appearance as Hippo Kirsten's Barfy Brunch), you have to take our word that it's yummy. Best accompanied by beer.

Oftentimes at dinner, Ian and I like to try out different cards of our Table Topics deck. Basically, they're conversation starters. Tonight's hot topic came not from the deck, but from simple conversation. And so I'm asking you all a serious question. And this is meant to be serious, and not to slight in any way.

The issue at hand is: if you're speaking with someone who has a lazy eye, or is wall-eyed, or you basically can't get a read on which eye is looking in what direction, how do you look back at them? Do you choose one eye and stare intently? Avoid eye contact at all? Shift back and forth between eyes? I'm unsure of the answer, and I know it's something Ian and I have talked about before, especially since we're both people who prefer to make direct eye contact. It's very awkward not knowing how to handle this situation. Any advice is appreciated.

So, it's late night now (OK, not that late), and Ian and I have both had our dose of Nyquil. I felt better today (though not amazing), and now Ian is starting to feel a bit of my pain from the past couple of days. Poor little guy. Hopefully we'll be up and running this weekend when Quinney comes to visit.
If I were a cold medicine, my name would be Susanne.

No comments: