Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Overdue...things past, and things to come.

Oh my. Once again, quite remiss in writing. It has been insanely busy, and let's go ahead and face it: Ian needs to be chided. I partly wait for him to update, but noooo...start this blog thing and then force me to upkeep. Not that I mind so much. Just that I miss hearing his voice in here.

I want to begin by admitting that right now I'm just going to talk about our most recent weekend fun, when Quinney came to visit us. It's long overdue (a week and a half later!--unacceptable), and what's even worse, perhaps, is that it will be SHORT. Ian and I are leaving in about an hour to go on vacation. YAY! That's right, a real vacation. We're headed to the Philippines to meet my Dad and all the filipino relatives. It's Ian's first time, and I'm really excited for him to go. We're not staying a long time (a week), but as busy as this month will be, I'll take what I can get.

So, weekend with Quinney. I'll say it more with pictures. I will point out that the weather, although predicting rain, ended up being quite lovely. Chilly, but sunny and clear. It made for 2 great full days of sight-seeing.

Friday night, we took it easy. We had some home-cooking at home, lit a fire and barely played a game of Clue before bedtime.

Saturday, it was to Tangerine for breakfast (a new one for us, and a very tasty, unique one indeed). Then we headed through the Castro, up to Union Square, on to visit the Sea Lions at the Fisherman's Wharf, over to Ghiradelli Square for Kara's Cupcakes...hm...what else did we cram in there? We went back to the Castro (where I had NOTHING to do with Quinney's decision to buy a fab painting / picture), and then to a surprisingly fantastic and homey Italian restaurant for dinner. It was an early night--partly because we had crammed so much in. A reminder that part of good, easy friendships is that you're comfortable enough to just be comfortable. We played Trivial Pursuit (ok, ok, I'll go ahead and gloat now at my victory), and it was bedtime again.

Sunday we had brunch at Mission Beach and were off in the car to cross the Golden Gate up to Muir Woods (home of the famous, enormous redwoods). We stayed for about 2 hours, hit a fruit stand for some snacks and headed home to walk down Valencia for even more shopping. Again, I had nothing to do with Quinney's decisions to buy a sweater, dress, OR a hat.

Dinner was spent with CarrieCarrie at Foreign Cinema, and it was delightful. Ian drove Quinney to the airport bright and early (5ish) the following morning. So happy to have had her come and visit. It was just plain fun and comfy.

Next time we write, it will be over a week from now, and we should have some fun stories and adventures from the Philippines. Hooray for vacation. Check you cats out then.

If I were an airline, my name would be Stewart.

2 comments:

The Whitsons said...

for the record, the same thing happens on our blog (see your paragraph 1). Except opposite... And he holds out, but it doesn't make me write. Even though i don't mind it. :)

kelly said...

me gustan las pics :)
welcome home! can't wait to hear about your trip!