Monday, March 16, 2009

Seattle! Again.

Last week found me in Seattle for work. Yippee. What was more yippee about it was that Ian came along. Yippee [squared].

He even took me to the airport at the crack of dawn...not even dawn. We left the house at 4 am. There's something wrong with arriving by plane to a place about the same time you'd just be waking up. Luckily, my room at the W was ready (and I'm now gold status...woohoo), so I was able to check in, hop on my conference call, and order up some coffee.

Walked to a newer Microsoft office that afternoon for a meeting. It was my first time there, and albeit cold, a nice mile-long stroll. Scenery was nothing to complain about.

The other cool thing about the office was my first exposure to green flushing. Not only were the handles of les toilettes covered in a green anti-bacterial plastic, but they were accompanied by a sign that read "flush up for #1, and down for #2." All having to do with water conservation of course, but I wonder if we could start a new movement? A code for having to go #2 could be: "Yeah, I have to go down, but I'll be ready to go in a minute." It sounds nicer than just about any other euphimism for having to make a #2.

Anyway, Ian got in that night and we splurged at a former McKinney client, Capital Grille. Splurged meaning, dinner cost more money than Ian's plane ticket to Seattle.

I was looking like the cartoon character from the Puff's commercials at that point. Feeling sick with a sinus infection--it was a rough night. The next morning, Carrie (my boss) and I were both referred to Life Shield at Whole Foods. Who knew the power of mushrooms? We've been using it, and I think it works splendidly. The girl said that anytime she feels sickness coming on, just a few sprays in her throat and she recovers beautifully!

Ian and I hung with Paul and Carrie over the weekend. The main highlight for me---well, there's a few. But Saturday night, we made a late dinner--we had gone to Pike Place and bought Dungeness crab, filets, and wine. Anyway, delicious delicious dinner at their place. Another highlight would be the crazy gorgeous snow--large flakes the size of baseballs Sunday morning. I miss snow.
Ian and I flew home amidst many hours of delays, and had about an hour before James arrived with puppy Eleanor in tow. Nice! Good surprise that Ian's coz needed a change of scenery from LA to work on his exceptionally smart and adorable children's book. We love having him. Here's a shot of Ian at the grocery store, toting the attention-hogging Eleanor in his cart....

All photos courtesy of my Windows Mobile device. Oh yes, the lack of camera is growing more and more apparent.....

No comments: