Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things that make you happy

It's the little things. So cliche, I know, but sometimes you have to focus on all the little things that you know will make you happy to maintain a positive attitude.

It's not even that I typically have a negative attitude. But maybe it's because I make effort to think about happiness and things that might impact it, and am proactive about making sure it's right there with me.

This week, it's all about little things that make me happy about my work environment. It starts with the decision to always have fresh flowers at my desk. I looooovvve flowers. I love them at home, but when I work all day I don't get to enjoy them as much.

So, I brought one of my favorite, most compact, fun, and non-breakable vases to the office (thanks K-Dawg for the vase!), to continually keep full with whatever the bloom of the week might be. I have several flower stands accessbile from my office, so it will be a lovely treat to step out once a week and pick up a delight.
The other thing I got was a new mug from the Anthropologie across the street. Makes me SO happy with it's cheerful colors, and built-in grooves for the wrapping of the fingers. Yessss....my coffee never tasted better.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Funny...you and I must have been thinking the same thing at the same time about flowers. I just brought in a little plant and was thinking about what kind of vase to bring in for my flowers. Instilled the last part at home a while back :)

Kirsten said...

Yayyy I'm glad you're using it! And the calendar too :)