Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ah, continue the holiday spirit!

We haven't updated the blog too much in the past week or so.  Not because we're lazy, but we just don't have a lot to say.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty normal (with Christmas cheer thrown in here and there...the shopping, preparing, etc).  A shout out now to my Deedahn for ordering a large shipment from Omaha Steaks that arrived before Thanksgiving.  Ian and I have been cooking a delicious treat every night (pork chops, burgers, franks, steaks, lasagna, sole fillets....the list goes on).  So we've had some good eats at home.

Last night was my company holiday party, and a party it was.  It was our first official Microsoft holiday party, and quite the soiree.  A whole block of a building, with different rooms set to project different parts of the world by way of culinary style and music theme.

  Ian and I got all decked out, got our pictures taken prom-style, drank some top-shelf liquor, wine, and beer (you go, Microsoft!), and mingled a la corporate goodness. 

 It was interesting to be part of such a huuuuge party--I'm never good at predicting how many people attend an event, but I'd say in the low thousands for this one.  Deck the halls!


The rest of this rainy weekend (besides getting stuffed with brunch), the unprecedented happened.  Ian helped me with the Christmas cards!  I even have photos to prove it.  

And he did such a brilliant job, making cute little sketches and saying funny things.  

Much better than I could have done it, and it's so refreshing not to have to decorate (yes, it was do-it-yourself card year), write, and address all 60 Christmas cards.  Because I also have to send all my clients Christmas cards, and man is it a lot!  Anyway, thanks to Ian for being so sweet about it.  Very helpful, thank you.

And now, we have 3 busy days ahead of us (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), before flying back to the East Coast for the holidays.  Yeehaw!

No comments: