Tuesday, December 2, 2008

fruit. round one

I really enjoy apples. I've always eaten apples, but I feel like recently, I've really been connecting with those guys. Maybe it's because I've given other varieties a try. I'm finding there are good ones out there besides the ______ delicious breed.

Honey Crisp for insistence. WOW! they have my favorite apple trait: A good pop when you bite into them. I don't know if they have these everywhere, but MAN are they good.


How have I gotten involved with the apple you ask? well, Whole foods is the reason. For lunch, if I can't decide what to eat, I walk over Whole Foods and get a "golden gate" sandwich (toasted) or a soup. Then I walk over to the apples and pick one up for my mid afternoon snack. Since they have what amounts to an apple buffet, I started branching out. I thought that for 85 cents, I can afford to make a mistake if I don't enjoy the taste.

I still don't dig baked fruit as much as raw. I don't know what it is, but still, when I see apple pie, I don't think yum. (I do think "It might be okay with ice cream" but that's a different story)

Okay, why does it smell like Indian food in here? It's 4:30. Who is eating Indian food this late in the afternoon. It'll spoil their dinner. From what I can tell, It's not going to be very good. I usually like the smell of Indian food, but whatever that is, it smells terrible. I'm going to investigate the odor.

not what I expected.

Oh, look at the time, I want to get out of here soon. I'm meeting Lori downtown. That means I have to go home first, get some things, and then jump on the train. I hope it's not too busy down there with people doing their holiday shopping.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

Francois and Hilliary Rizzetto said...

Honey Crisp apples are amazing!. I discovered them 2 years ago... but made them hang out with some white Chocolate peanut butter... they became pretty god friends... and tasted delightful

Sucks, Honey Crisp, i believe, are seasonal.. I look for them all the time... its like seeing a friend you havent seen in years... mmmmmm

i agree with the warm fruit thing... but you should give it a try... add some crisp and some ice cream ... kinda amazing... you dont even notice... but if there is too much cinnamon ... taste like old people smell... GROSSS

Love the blog....

Your sister Tootie