Monday, December 1, 2008

How Much is that Doggie in the Window? [arf, arf]

Oh, Christmastime.  I read an article in Advertising Age today praising Macy's New York for making good on their multi-decade streak of beautifully decorated shop windows for the holidays.  And I thought, yes, it's magical.

But can it compare to the shop windows of the San Francisco Macy's at Christmas?



I doubt it.

Not only do they deck the halls with style and flair (also piping holiday songs onto the street), but they do so in the name of charity.  Here's where I get in trouble (and make a lot of detours by the Macy's windows for a couple of months).

It's the SPCA annual drive.  The windows are meant to look like picturesque SF home fronts (plus the added fake snow...SF won't likely see any of the white stuff)...but, add to that scene irresistible puppies and kittens up for adoption?
  
Oh no...let the crowds draw close.  And enter me, wiggling my way to catch a glimpse of the puppies.  Oh, the puppies!


No comments: