Thursday, April 24, 2008

Japan -- Part 3 Fun with Tokyo!

Oh, where do I begin?

1. Work was tough today. Long, stressful, tiring, frustrating. By the end of the day, I managed to shake it off, and call myself silly for getting caught up in it. Roll with the punches, Lori! Roll with it! I said to myself. It worked. I rolled...


2. We made our reservations for the Japanese Inn at the base of Mt. Fuji (in Hokone) for Saturday night. It was complicated. And it's going to be lovely, awkward, and hilarious all rolled into one. We are all 4 staying in the same room (4 beds). Two married women (Carrie and I), one married / family man (Patrick), and one gay man (Todd). Not only are we sharing a room, but they're hot springs. Hello! Nakedness! At least it's coed, but Carrie and I still agree to stagger visits. It's the whole being naked in front of colleagues thing. Additionally, we're all getting massages, but for some reason we HAVE to have them as couples, and only man / woman. So, either Carrie is having hers with Todd, or she's having it with Patrick. And whoever she doesn't have hers with, I'm having mine with. AWKWARD. But amusing nonetheless, because there's nothing we can do about it.

3. We went to a baseball game tonight at the Tokyo Dome. Really fun! I will post some Tokyo-ish pics from the game. The rest of the blog will be pictures. I'm tired of writing. HOWEVER, no work starting tomorrow! YAY! We have the day free. We're meeting at 4:15 am in the lobby to attend the famous fish market. Can't wait to have some free time.

OK, here goes--I will try to add captions, but most should speak for themselves.


This is the bathroom door I chose at the ballgame.

Carrie chose this stall instead. She never caught the whole "Western" / "Non-Western" stall door. haha.

One of the best Fe-mullets I've ever seen. Actually one of the best mullets PERIOD.

The beer girl with keg backpack pouring us a few. She was not crazy-looking, but the Kirin girls wore neon green 80's outfits.

Everyone loves Wrangler. Especially satiny Wrangler. At baseball games in Tokyo. Carrie likes to pose with them.

Our hero, number 24, posing on a pillar. And no, Tokyo doesn't have crazy green trees. But they do have green spotlights on their trees to make them look crazy.

If I were a Tokyo baseball player, my last name would be Hamaranya.

I miss you too, Ian. :(

No comments: