Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Seattle--Trip One

I will be honest and begin by saying I have no pictures to share with you (today). I have a camera, but no means to upload, so it will likely come later.

We owe a big report on the trip to the Philippines, or at least a heap of pictures--which, (believe it or not--hee hee), we have. The trip was a lot of fun. I'd like to hear Ian's perspective--I'm secretly hoping he'll write the blog with his pics. His experience will undoubtedly be very different from my own. Mine being another opportunity to spend time with the family I'm unable to see often, his experience being the first time to the Philippines and the first good, sincere exposure to my family. Ultimately, maybe it helps him to know more about where I have come from (or at least where my dad has come from). We'll see if he writes, but if not--I will hopefully have a chance to at least show you some pictures.

I've been so remiss in not communicating with friends since we've been back. We came back on a Saturday night, and then my brother Jeff came to visit Sunday night. He stayed until Thursday (the day I met my new boss in person for the first time, had tons of client meetings, and went out and had dinner with her)...then a sacred weekend before Monday rolled around once again. Monday was the beginning of Ad:Tech here in SF, and so Monday night I spent away from Ian again attending my first Sales dinner (with my new department)--it was held at Tonga, said to be a legend in SF. Atmosphere, check. Company, check. Food---let's just say I was awake at 1:30 am, not feeling the best.

Today (Tuesday), I traveled to Seattle, where I am currently writing from my hotel room at the W. I just had a fair dinner downstairs, and am now looking forward to a blissful shower, some TV watching, and drinking $18 bottled water. This week will prove to be busy again--but I'll be back in SF Friday night.

On the horizon--I'm going to Japan for work on Monday, and will be there a week. Really getting excited about that, but I already miss Ian. Just bad timing--we haven't been alone for ages.

If I were a bathrobe, my name would be Shirley.

No comments: