Saturday, August 23, 2008

NC--Our Second Marriage

As I mentioned in the earlier post, Ian lost his wedding band and Wednesday of our trip, we picked up the brand new, resized and re-engraved band.

We had driven to Raleigh--I was having dinner with some friends from McKinney (part of our dinner club from when I lived there...once a month, someone would host the dinner and plan the menu. The others would each bring something--dessert, wine, coffee, a side dish...I really miss those girls). I went to McKinney and it was great to see so many people. My favorite thing is when everyone insists how West Coast or California I now am. When in fact my style is EXACTLY the same, and there have been no drastic changes in my appearance. I'm so city, I tell you. Need I insert a big ol' WINK*WINK*.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Anyway, I also had a pre-dinner drink with another friend from McKinney, Becky (told you we had a good, packed week). Ian also came to McKinney, and he whisked me pre-dinner to Duke Gardens, the site of our wedding, before he joined up with his friend for dinner.

It had just stopped raining. The park was completely empty, and it was probably the most beautiful I've ever seen it. We had a small mini-ceremony to break in the ring. We videoed the experience, but alas the file's too large for upload. Probably better for both of us that way. Let's just say that it was a great gesture, and as it's almost our 2-year anniversary, it was nice to reinforce our commitment in a somewhat pretend-official way.










If I were a marriage, my name would be Infiniti (yes, I spelled it wrong, and yes, I'd be hippie).

No comments: