Sunday, August 24, 2008

News: Part 1 (the good news)

If I said I had good news and bad news, which do you want to hear first? What would you say? Here, right now, I can't hear you. So, I'm picking for you. It's good news.

I'm an aunt! Or a cousin! Or whatever! You know, families are unique. So I have a half-aunt Traci who is only 4 years older than me. So she feels more like a cousin or another sibling.
Regardless, Traci just had a wonderful baby boy, Parker (named after my maternal grandmother's maiden name).


This is not only great news because Traci and Parker are healthy and happy, but also because it is the first child introduced to our family! Thanksgivings and Christmases have been plagued with a bunch of 30-year olds at the proverbial "kid's table," and now I think we've graduated with Parker's entrance to the family. Hooray for that!!!

I have been the youngest, at a chipper 31--well, I guess Ian is technically the youngest, but it's about time someone has introduced something small and wiggly and new into our tribe. Can't wait for the first big holiday event with a little one present.

Here are some pics with my dear Mom, Gran'ma, Gran, and Jeff.
Can't wait to meet him!!!
If I were a baby, I'm afraid my name would continue to be Lori.

No comments: