Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend--yes, I think we're caught up!

Being back in SF this past week has been good. It was good going back to NC, but good to be home, too.

Wednesday night, my friend Cyndi was in town, and Ian and I had dinner with her at the delicious Belden Taverna.

Thursday night, Ian's soccer game was cancelled and we ended up with a date night. It was my turn to plan, so impromptu I picked an Italian place over in Union Square--it was good. I actually don't totally remember the name, and am just lazy enough not to bother looking for it.

Then we headed over to Moma and to the Frida Kahlo exhibit. Would you believe my behavior? That I love art museums, and still had never been to Moma? Shame on me.


Thursdays is half-price night, and they stay open until 9:45. We had a good date night, if I do say so myself. Highly recommended.

Friday night we were super excited to go to Outside Lands Festival to see none other than headliner Radiohead.
Don't want to spend too much time on it. You can read about it here. Want to maybe point out that I think the reason it got so many stars was the line-up. Otherwise, transportation was screwed (Ian and I walked miles to get there), lines were unbelievable, you couldn't see a thing, the crowds were insane. Ian and I actually left the concert way early, and are happy we did. Although we got on a very crowded train, we heard that after the concert ended, people were jumping fences to get out, fights were breaking out, and lines for the trains were 2+ hours. We were just happy to get home.

Saturday...brunch at J's Pot of Soul in Hayes Valley. It was a new one for us. I read about it on Yelp, and the pumpkin pancakes were indeed delicious. A new good one, close to our house.

I think we might have fairly lazed about the rest of the day, and went to Little Star Pizza for dinner (so darn good). Then our buds Katie and Liz came over for famous Mitchell's ice cream and some Pop5.

Sunday...well, all I can say is we had the brunch of perfection at 2223.
Then it was down Market to the event I've been waiting for: The Little Mermaid sing-a-long at the Castro theatre! OWIE YOWIE YOWSERS! It was the stuff dreams are made of.


I loved it. Just loved it.

Now I'm blogging (have been for seemingly hours...that's what we get for being slackers)...drinking a refreshing kir. Listening to some great music (didn't mention this before, but Ian's managed to wire speakers in just about every room of the house, linking back to itunes...). Ian is playing Call of Duty 4 with Paul on Xbox Live. We're debating Indian or Thai for dinner. We have more Mitchell's ice cream in the freezer, and life is good.

If I were an aloe plant, my name would be Portia.

No comments: