Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Great Reveal

Alright, now that we're back from North Carolina (and Ian's new tattoo is no longer a secret), I can also share the funny pictures of the Great Reveal.

Ian went under the needle on July 3rd (the day Jeff and I flew home from Seattle). When Jeff and Ian picked me up from the airport, they were twins. Not quite the Arnold Schwarznegger / Danny DeVito kind, but they at least had dressed identical spots on their bicep to look as though they'd just had tattoos done.

I for one knew that Ian actually got a tattoo. Jeff, on the other hand, well he's just a jokester.

Anytime I asked about Ian's tattoo, Jeff would show his---"I got one, too!!!" We ate pizza, and they both had the bandages. When we got home, they each removed the bandages to reveal the final product.

I can't exactly tell which I like better (after all, Jeff's was a tribute to me as a 4th grader, and Ian's was a tribute to his dad), but I do think Ian's looks a bit more realistic.
I guess it's all in the detail.
Ian's finished product (I think Jeff's has been washed away by now. At least I hope so...):
If I were a tattoo, my name would be Helena Dupree.

No comments: