Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All is good!

Hi all,

So, the appointments yesterday went well. My bloodwork looked much better (crits and platelets both up!), the amniotic fluid levels are holding constant. They're on the lowest end of the scale, but not a huge concern. The only thing they caught when they were doing the stress test is that one of the baby's heartrates dropped suddenly. This could be because they are not getting enough fluid, or blood from the placenta. At any rate, they've got me coming back Friday for another monitoring session just to be sure.

My next round of appointments will be next Monday--more of the same. To labs to have blood drawn, to ultrasound (this time, I'll get growth as well), then up to the doctor to review everything, and finishing off with a stress test. Ah, the routine. What will my life be like without ultrasounds every week or 2 weeks? It's been the norm since June.

In other news, Jeff is coming in tonight, which is pretty exciting. I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving--I feel so unprepared! Not that I need to "do" anything. We just don't have a plan, and it will rely heavily on Ian playing chef. If I don't write beforehand, or have a chance to talk with you, I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad everything is looking so good!