Friday, November 6, 2009

New bill o'health, and a pictureless Seattle

Quick update on my health! Or more importantly, that of Twin B. Had my ultrasound yesterday, and follow up doctor's appointment today. Twin B's fluids are back up to normal, and all is well!

On the one hand, it means that bed rest did a body good. So, I'm still advised to take it very easy--only go into the office part-time, etc. But at least I won't feel guilty everytime I get up to do something. I'm so happy I won't be home-captive completely this weekend.

This week, my very good friend Carlos was in town from SF for work. I have missed him terribly, and it was fun having him. We had a great date Monday night at Wild Ginger--really delicious food. I love when you can go somewhere with someone, and hours can pass without realizing it. We shut the place down.

Last night we went for Round 2, and luckily Ian was able to join, after having gotten back from the east coast on Wednesday afternoon. We went to Bizarro for dinner--tasty treat, and nice in the midst of a rainy night. We followed it up with some Molly Moon's ice cream and some lounge time at home before taking him back to his hotel.

There have been 3 distinct times this week that I've been reminded to have a camera with me at all times here! With crazy weather like Seattle, there's always something interesting going on in the sky--between the bursts of sun, dark clouds, mountain ranges...without a camera, you miss out on some amazing shots. On the way to pick Ian up from the airport, Mt Rainier was insane. Just breathtaking. On the way to my ultrasound yesterday, it was gray and dark over Seattle's skyline--just outlines of buildings, really. But above the space needle were beams of light--so perfectly placed, and bizarre at the same time. And finally, on my way into work this morning, I passed the funeral procession for a police officer who was shot. 1500 police cars, ambulances, fire trucks. All with their lights on, but without the noise of sirens. As far as you could see--cars from Oregon and British Columbia, and all over the state of Washington. Breathtaking and moving and sad.

Anyway, Ian and I should both just arm ourselves with cameras.

Below is a pic I took from my window at work 2 weeks ago. Happy to have had a camera handy.

No comments: