Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Brings: the return of nail clippers at work!

Oh, I really didn't want to bring it up again. But, last week as I was waiting for the train, a lady was full on clipping her nails--the snip snip flying everywhere on the floor. Embedding in peoples' shoes as they stepped over them. Gross.

Today at work, someone I considered a friend...oh man. I hear the snip, snip, clink, snip, snip, clink. I even have on my headphones and am listening to music. I turn up my headphones. Music is blaring, pounding my eardrums. No! How can this be happening? We're friends! But alas, not good enough friends where I can tell him the truth.

Part of the gross sound at the very end was of his hand brushing the desk and sweeping it all into the trash can. Swish, swish, clink, clink, clink. I sneak over to his cubicle when he's gone and check things out.

What do I find at his desk? That nail clippers are a permanent part of its landscape! They're in his pencil holder! ARGH!
Also today, Ian finished his new hire orientation and stopped by work to bring me flowers. Hooray! I took a picture of my desk with the flowers proudly displayed. Someone at work refers to my type of desk as a "viewbicle" which is aptly named to replace the "cubicle." I do have quite the view.

Finally, Ian and I dined at Belden Place--this really fun alley with about 8 different restaurants--to celebrate his first official day on the job (and because I'm leaving town on Wednesday until Sunday).
We had Spanish cuisine--mm mm mm. Paella and ceviche. And for dessert, I had a crazy unique chocolate mousse with olive oil and sea salt, and Ian had churritos. Delice.
A good start to the week.
If I were an alarm clock, my name would be Gordon.

2 comments:

kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelly said...

So, this made me wonder...how many people experience the same feeling of grossness Lori does? That and I just think it's hilarious that you took a picture of the guy's nail clippers. Check this out: http://www.yelp.com/topic/boston-annoyed-by-chronic-office-nail-clippers