Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend--mainly Saturday

Friday night was movie night--we went to see Definitely, Maybe for some good, light entertainment. It was better than we both expected, which is always good. Best to go without expectation, I suppose, for best results.

Saturday we went to Berkeley for brunch. It was our first time in Berkeley, and we didn't see much of the town because it was rainy drizzly yucky outside. We did, however, make it to La Note for brunch, which repeatedly has the highest brunch reviews in the lovely college town.
We waited for an hour (longer than we were told), but I have to admit it was worth it. We went a little crazy: combined we demolished ginger lemon pancakes with poached pears and blueberries, french toast, chicken apple sausage, spicy sausage, and rosemary home fries. Ridiculously tasty.

We had just enough time to go home and relax for a bit before meeting friends (10 to be exact) for sushi in the Tender Nob and then proceeding to a play called The Heavy Hand, of which one of my co-workers was acting in.

Dinner was nice, the play was really enjoyable. Partly because I haven't been to a play in a long time, but the theatre was nice and intimate. A little too intimate, I guess, because the couple in front of us made out incessantly, noisily, and with expectation that we would watch them and not the play. Ew. Especially since the dude was wearing leather pants. Ew ew.

Afterwards, about half of us went for a drink, and the evening ended.

Sunday, I never got out of my pajamas. I read, snoozed, watched a movie, watched Ian play guitar in Rock Band, ate food. It was nice. And so, another exciting weekend in SF.

If I were a guitar, my name would be Larry.

1 comment:

The Whitsons said...

That is a pretty sweet view. I, on the other hand, have a noffice. That's an interior office with zero % windows.