Sunday, February 3, 2008

the weekend wrap

Well, we are off and running with this whole blog thing. I leave for a bit and come back to find Lori has already posted about our day. Well, I'll show her, I'll talk about yesternight. (we watched Hamlet the other day, and they kept saying "yesternight" so I'm going to try it on for a bit. It's way easier than saying "yesterday evening". So many more letters.)

I'll just come out with it. Last night, Lori and I went to a Foo Fighters concert. It's actually our first show since we've been here which is sort of crazy since we aren't really huge Foo Fighters fans. Although, I will have to admit that I did enjoy cow centric songs and the mentos parody when they first hit the scene. Also, Everlong is a great tune. Anyway, like many things, I just sort of lost touch with these dudes and I actually wasn't aware there was a new album out. Let alone a multiple grammy nominated one. So what pushed us over the top and had us go to the show last night? Well, none other then my lovely sister. She and Francois surprised us with tickets for Christmas. A very great gift. Something we would never have thought of for ourselves and I'm so glad she made the move for us. (thanks toot) It was a pretty great show with everything from hard pumping rock to guitars and cellos. very cool.

As you can put together from Lori's post and now mine, this means we've had a pretty full weekend. All that's left is bedtime which is swiftly approaching. I'm not really excited about my up-and-coming Monday, but I guess the new hoodie I picked up today will help at least make the day more comfortable.

Okay, I'm off to get ready for bed. I hear the TV and no movement, so my guess is Lori is asleep on the couch. She has all the traits of a giant cat, but, you know, without the claws and the pooping in sand thing.

Have a great night/day and more pictures to come!

Oh, and just for those of you who are interested. If you have this strong urge to buy show tickets and not for yourselves, but possibly for someone maybe, I don't know, the Bay area, here are some acts that would make us smile.

(1.) The Decemberists (first you need to convince them to tour this year. It may require a bit of arm twisting)
(2.) Wilco
(3.) Springsteen (that's for me)
(4.) Belle & Sebastian
(5.) Rilo Kiley

there are tons more and Lori (who knows way more than I do about what is good music) would probably put different people in t hose 5, but those are the first few that came to me. hee hee.

No comments: