Thursday, February 7, 2008

Well.... Crap

Now I just seem like the "lazy" one. I say to Lori, "Hey, I started a blog. This is how you log in. Maybe you might want to write some as well?" Little did I know that girl would hit the ground running and take off like a horse with it's tail on fire. Like the post title says... well... crap. She's making me look bad.

I mean, not only does she destroy me with her perfect grammar and spelling, but she's way funnier than me and AND she's now got her own little sign off. names for her if she was an object! come on! I can't compete with that. I have a hard enough time with just the spelling part. I have to change what I'm saying sometimes because I can't think of how a word is spelled and I can't get close enough for spell check to give me a leg up. The grammar (I just misspelled grammar for the second time. twice I've tried "grammer") part goes without saying. you'll for sure get a mouth full of run-on sentences and so much more. oh, and I will end sentences with prepositions. probably a lot. just be ready.

So, this post seems to be a sort of "set the record straight" deal. Actually, it's more of a "I'm going to make tons of mistakes. if it's confusing. I'm sorry. Either way, you'll probably know what I mean and if not... Oops." oh! oh! ha ha! by the way. for all of you out there who want to know more about what Lori and I talk about when you're not around. here's a snip it for you all... oh and yes, it's inline with the content of this post.

What Lori didn't tell you about our Thai dinner tonight. by Ian

Now that we have this blog, we have a new thing to talk about sometimes. we talk about the blog. it's very exciting for us to have an outlet of sorts that we can pass on. It's great. i love it, but it also comes back on me. it brings out the above characteristics i was going on about. here. let me give you an example. I'll set the scene.

We've just sat down to a neighborhood Thai restaurant. nothing fancy or special. we've never been here. just wanted some noodles and it was close to home. we sat in the window seat on a sort of raised platform and there were one of those tiny curtains along the window. you know the ones that are maybe 5 inches long, very wavy, and are always hanging from brassish pipe? we both order a glass of wine, an appetizer of tofu, and our respective noodle dishes. we've been talking about my interview (more about that later) and generally just discussing our days.

"how was your day?"
"how was yours?"

I can't remember everything that lead up to the blog talk, but this is what usually results in a blog discussion.

This is seriously almost verbatim. watch how quickly things turn on me.

Ian - "Did you see where Micah and Marianna posted a comment?"
Lori - "I sure did. Very exciting. Our first comment"
Ian - "Did you see my response?"
Lori - "Yep. There were so many spelling mistakes in there"
Ian - "no way! what did I misspell?"
Lori - "you misspelled "chalk". "
Ian - "no way did I misspell "chalk"! I know I did at first, but then I fixed it. First I think I had an "e" in there somewhere."
Lori - "maybe you're right. maybe you didn't misspelled it. Maybe you just used the wrong word somewhere or forgot a word or something."

(no benefit of the doubt. there has to be something wrong there.)

of course, she was right. i was talking about the dishwasher, and I said "upload" instead of "unload" hmph double hmph. hmph hmph.

well, so you all know, that's just one of the reasons why I love her. She completes me by being my portable English class. Not the one where you sit in the back of the classroom and draw the back of people's heads and get Fs on all the quizzes. No. I'm talking about the one where you sit in the back and draw the back of people's heads and get an A on all the quizzes because the hottie sitting across from you keeps whispering the answers.

Well, I should get going. Sleep calls. Have a wonderful day everyone!

(this space is to designate where my super cool sign off is going to be.)

3 comments:

The Whitsons said...

Did you see that Ian posted a comment about us posting a comment?

This is a cycle that will never end.

Convince your wife to come out here with you next week, okay?

lgoode said...

hahaha. This morning when we were brushing our teeth, Ian was excited to tell me he posted to the blog last night. "Make sure you read it when you get to work!"

It cracked me up. I might be a better speller, but he is way funnier.

kelly said...

i'm commenting on the comment. :) ian, are you going to boston next week? how lovely...wish i could be there too!