Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two Myths Debunked

I have two myths to dispel today, and they all stem from my friend Kris's theories that I was reminded of this week, and they made me laugh once again.

1. Ripping something sticky off your body will grow hair in its place. My friend Kris would not participate in Face Mask night during slumber parties, because she insisted that when she peeled the face mask off, she would grow a "mustache" everywhere the mask had been.

This just isn't true.

2. Wearing face creams overnight sinks into your skin and maximizes the benefits. Kris would put Noxema all over her face, and then get in bed. She said that sleeping with the Noxema on helped it to sink into the skin and condition it.

My favorite part was her proof: "But the Noxema is all gone in the morning!"

The simple answer was because it was all over the pillow cases and sheets.

These are two myths debunked, and more proof of why I do love my friend Kris.


If I were a night cream, my name would be Julia.

No comments: