Sunday, February 10, 2008

What We've Been Up To

Ian and I have had some fun few days here--the weather has been just lovely. Thursday, Ian accepted a new job. Hooray for him! So, I took him to Home for dinner to celebrate his new job. I think it speaks for itself, and if you know Ian, you'll know how much he loves dessert. "Can we have the homemade S'mores for dessert, please?" he asks me sheepishly, as if I'll say no.

And how could I say no to this?


Friday night I didn't get home from work until about 8 (or after...) Ian ordered pizza, and we sat by the fire, ate our pizza, drank wine, and chatted about our days and all the new opportunities coming our way.

The weather was so nice, we decided to go for a walk. We walked all the way down Market to the Castro Theatre to see what was comi
ng up. Lo! and behold--one of Ian's all-time favorite movies was starting in 5 minutes! We bought tickets, and went in.

Can I say how much I love the Castro Theatre? We'
ve only been one other time--for Sing-A-Long Sound of Music, but it is a seriously magical place.

We chanced upon Say Anything. How much fun is that? Not only do they have a live organist (hail the Mighty Wurlitzer), but then a guy comes out and just chats and talks a bit--he's hilarious and personal and endearing. He's hand-selected the previews, and they're all old, old films of John Cusack. Previews sure have changed...

The Castro Theatre is fun because it's the only time people can yell things out and it's actually funny. It's like going to see a movie with a few hundred of your friends. Simply infectious.

So, it was a nice surprise, an
d made for a fun night.

Saturday, we did some shopping. In a handmade art store, I saw some familiar friends--or at least cousins of them. Yaz and Kimberly--this is a shout out to our Artique days. Can you guess the artist? Ridiculous that anyone would still be carrying these!

Then our friend CarrieCarrie came over for dinner. We cooked and ate and drank wine and talked. Then we rocked it out with Rock Band. Very fun, laid back night with a good friend.

Today, again--another gorgeous, gorgeous day. After eating brunch at Mission Beach, we headed over to the SF Zoo for the first time. I always love the zoo.






Some highlights of course are giraffes, and my favorite was actua
lly the new Grizzly Gulch. It is amazing to be so close to them!

The grizzlies were having a ball
playing. I especially love the one of the bear below, and want Ian to Photoshop him into a bathtub. He looks hilarious, and tiny, and what the heck is up with his prissy feet examining?




Lastly, we didn't know Francois was also a monkey species! He's been our brother-in-law for a whole year! How about that?

The SF Zoo is right next to the beach, so for the first time, Ian and I walked on the beach together in SF. Very good day indeed. I feel refreshed for tomorrow. *sigh* Oh, tomorrow.

If I were a holiday, my name would be Frank.


No comments: